Flapjacks are a great go-to snack and if you’re short of time or want to save some energy (yours and your fuel bill…) you don’t even have to bake them.
Thanks to Alison from @budgethealthyeating for this super-simple, no-fuss recipe.
- 200g butter, spread or non-dairy alternative
- 100g sugar of choice (for example granulated sugar, honey or golden syrup)
- 400g oats (gluten-free if necessary)
1. Line a container about 31x21cm with parchment paper.
2. Heat the spread and sugar in a large saucepan until melted and mixed together.
3. Stir in the oats.
4. Press the mixture into the lined container and refrigerate.
5. When the mixture has set, lift it out of the container and cut into individual pieces.
Team Tip: personalise this basic recipe by adding dried fruit, chocolate or a mix of nuts, depending on your family’s diet. Add these when you add the oats. It is also nice with melted chocolate drizzled on top.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.