Nick, Jen’s husband, does not have good memories of “baked apples” from his childhood but he’s happy that this recipe is a regular in their house.
- 6 apples
- A couple of handfuls of raisins
- About 350ml of apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Quarter and core the apples. There is no need to peel them. Put the apples in an oven-proof dish, skin-side down.
- Scatter over the raisins.
- Pour over the apple juice. It should come to just over halfway up the apples.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake until the apples are soft and starting to brown on the edges, this will take about 30 mins. Spoon the juices over the top of the apples at various points during this time.
- Serve with dairy-free ice cream or cream.
Team tip: This is also nice with pine nuts scattered on the top halfway through cooking.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.