This is one of the great recipes that Thalia has shared with The Allergy Team and it’s been a huge hit with our families so we hope you enjoy it!
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bananas (ripe, mashed)
- 80ml maple syrup
- 120ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 185g chickpea flour
- 1 level tbsp baking powder
- 120g dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C and brush a loaf pan with some olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, bananas, maple syrup, oat milk and ground flax seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients: flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet batter and mix until combined. Fold in ¾ of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for at least 45 mins, until a knife comes out clean.
Let it cool completely.
- Team Tip: The chickpea flour (also known as gram flour) can be replaced with plain gluten-free flour or plain flour.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.