These make thick American-style pancakes as opposed to the French crêpes. They are a good base for adding other fruits or serve with honey and fruit on the side. I sometimes add a teaspoon of cinnamon too.
Makes 10 – 14
- 2 or 3 medium bananas
- 150g plain or gluten-free flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil and more for the pan
- 200ml oat milk
- Mash the bananas well with the back of a fork.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Add the mashed banana and vegetable oil.
- Add the oat milk and whisk it altogether. It will create a thick batter.
- Heat a little small amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium/high heat.
- Dot tablespoonfuls of the mixture around the pan.
- Flip the pancakes over when you see air bubbles popping on the surface and that the outsides are looking less glossy.
- You’ll need to do several batches. Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven while you make the rest.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.