This is a light and fluffy classic chocolate mousse. It’s hard to believe it doesn’t have eggs in it!
- 1x 400g tin of chickpeas (just the juice)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sieved
- 90g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sieved
- Put a colander over a bowl and empty the tin of chickpeas. Put the chickpeas to one side for another dish. Keep the liquid (called aquafaba) in the bowl.
- Add the icing sugar to the aquafaba and whisk until stiff peaks. The unassuming liquid will turn into a glossy white. This takes longer than egg whites (approx. 8 mins) with electric beaters on full pelt.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and the cocoa powder. Gently stir everything together using a spoon – be careful not to overmix.
- Put into serving dishes and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.