“Knackered Mums” nutritionist Thalia Pellegrini has kindly donated this delicious granola recipe to The Allergy Team. Our children couldn’t get enough of it! Super simple to make, and totally moreish, this is a great way to start your day.
- 140g Quick Oats
- 15g Oat Flour (Tip: Make oat flour by putting oats into a food processor or a coffee bean grinder.)
- 1-2tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Honey
- 30ml Coconut Oil
- 6 Dried Apricots (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 150C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a big bowl to mix together the oats, oat flour and cinnamon. Stir in the honey and coconut oil. Make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour out onto your baking sheet, making sure it’s all evenly spaced. Bakes for around 20 minutes until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the tray. Stir through the apricots. (Chopped dates also work here.) Have with plant milk for breakfast or grab a handful as a mid-morning snack!
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.