Need a pick-me-up for the holidays? Jen’s Rocky Road recipe may be the answer! It is a no-bake treat that Jen’s children and their cousins made this week. The joy is how adaptable the recipe is to what you have in the cupboards so feel free to substitute the ingredients according to what’s available and your family’s diet.
- 450g dark chocolate, dairy-free if necessary
- 100g nut butter / seed butter / dairy-free butter of your choice
- 140g biscuits, gluten-free if necessary (we used Ginger Nuts)
- 45g mini marshmallows (or big ones cut up – this is easier with kitchen scissors!)
- 100g dried fruit, nuts (we used mixed peel)
1. Line a tray of 20x30cm with baking parchment.
2. To melt the chocolate put the chocolate and butter of your choice in a bowl. Rest the bowl on a pan of boiling water. Don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water. The steam from the boiling water will melt the chocolate.
3. Break up the biscuits using your hand – you don’t want it too fine as the biscuit bits will give the end result its crunch.
4. Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, stir in the biscuits and remaining ingredients until everything is evenly coated in chocolate.
5. Press into the lined baking tray and pop into the fridge until firm (about 3 hours).
6. Cut into individual portions before serving.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.