These non-cheese straws make a very quick snack that adults and children enjoy and are special enough for a party.
1x packet of pre-rolled puff pastry (gluten-free works well)
About 3 tbsp tapenade
- Remove the packet of puff pastry from the fridge about 20 mins before to want to start.
- Pre-heat the oven according to the packet instructions (about 180-200C).
- Unroll the pastry and lay it on your baking tray, on the baking paper that comes with the pastry.
- Evenly spread the tapenade over the pastry. Cut the sheet of pastry in half lengthways and then slice so you end up with several pieces of pastry about 13cm x 2cm.
- Twist each of these a couple of times and use your thumbs to press the ends down on the baking paper. Transfer to the oven to cook until puffed and golden – 15-20 mins. Leave to cool before sharing!
TEAM TIP: Tapenade is olives whizzed up with olive oil. You may decide to make your own or buy a jar, in which case do check the ingredients as some have anchovies. You could substitute the tapenade with your preferred pesto.
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.