Soups are a staple in our homes in the winter months. This one is particularly popular because of the gorgeous colour – and it is so easy to make!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green or red chilli (seeds in if you like it hot), sliced
- 1/2 inch piece of root ginger, peeled and grated or chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple
- 1 pint of hot vegetable or chicken stock
1. Heat the oil in a pan with the onion, chilli and ginger and cook slowly until the onion is soft and transparent but not coloured.
2. Stir in the sweet potato and apple.
3. Add the stock and cook until the potato is soft enough to mash with a fork on the side of the saucepan easily.
4. Blitz the soup, with a handheld blender or in a liquidizer, until it is smooth. You may need to add some more liquid if the soup is too thick.
5. Serve and enjoy!
**Always check the ingredients of any food you’re cooking with to make sure it doesn’t contain something you or your child should avoid.