My child had an allergic reaction after eating out, Where can I report it?

Families have often asked us “where or how do I report an allergic reaction?” If it was caused by something your child ate out and about, it’s always a good idea to phone or email the venue directly to alert them. We understand that sometimes this can be upsetting or feel uncomfortable but it’s important to help prevent future incidents.

Between November 2021 and February 2022, The Food Standards Agency tested out a new online reporting tool. The pilot phase has now ended and the information gathered is currently being reviewed. The FSA says it will “decide on the future of the tool and next steps” and hold conversations with key stakeholders, so we’ll let you know the outcome of the trial when we know more.

In the meantime, the FSA recommends contacting the food safety team of the responsible local authority, if you want to take further action.